Swan sun salutation.  #Wordless Wednesday  #Wake up and greet the day!

Wordless Wednesday – allow your photo(s) to tell the story.

This entry was posted in #WildlifeWednesday, #Wordless Wednesday, birds, nature and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to Swan sun salutation.  #Wordless Wednesday  #Wake up and greet the day!

1. J P says:

They don’t look nearly as graceful when they stand and stretch.

2. Rupali says:

Wonderful shot.

3. Some days I feel like that!

4. Pam Lazos says:

Great action photo, Linda!

Great shot Linda!

Ha! Learning proper yoga technique from a swan. Love it!!!

7. Zazzy says:

He does look ready to transition into downward dog, doesn’t he? Love the shot!

8. Fuzzy and soft swan! It looks like the swan is covered in snow or it looks chubby.
    Nice action photo. 🙂

9. So wonderful to be alive! Gratitude for sunshine…

10. Way to be there and capture the moment!! Nice photo. 🙂

Wonderful. Such a good stretch!

Wish I woke up with that kind of energy.

13. bekitschig says:

Well thank you Linda! 🙂

14. Prior... says:

such a powerful photo to use as a single image post – well done Linda
    and the wings almost made it feel like this was some type of great painting –
    and I like how you said “poetry in motion: in one of the comments – that sums it up so well

Thank you so much Yvette! I originally was going to just put this as the last photo in the swan Spring Preening series, but something about the way the swan was gazing upward and the wings were not like the other photos, I decided to associate it with yoga. That swan looked to me like he was transported to another world didn’t it? I think it is the same for humans with the sun on their face – it makes you feel alive. We had another crummy, all-day rain today. The weather folks said it would be a rainy Spring and it has been; day after day of gloomy and rainy weather.

15. Dave says:

Despite this being a “Wordless Wednesday” post, I love “Swan Sun Salutation”. The photo makes me think “Sun” almost could’ve been “Song”. Good one, Linda!

Thanks Dave – with the ice now gone, there will be less swans gathering in this cove area, so it is like a swan song. This swan looked so caught up in its stretch and looking up at the sky/sun, I thought “I have to use a title like that.” Swans out of the water, especially this one, don’t resemble those graceful gliding creatures we are accustomed to seeing.