Alas, Winter has arrived. You wouldn’t know it from looking outside. All the white stuff from a week ago today is fading fast and there is a flood advisory now. It’s the shortest day of the year and I made it even shorter by deciding to sleep in. When I heard the rain pelting down on the patio roof behind my head, I mentally cancelled my errands … and my walk, then toyed with the idea of rolling over and getting still more sleep, but decided I’d better just get up and get it in gear. The dark mornings and early evenings made me lethargic and tuckered out, just like this young fella above. Given my dislike of this season, especially driving in the snow, I sometimes think I’d be better suited as a big old bear so I could hibernate ‘til Spring. Hope your 2013 Christmas shopping gig is all wrapped up with a bow on it on this “Super Saturday”, the second busiest shopping day of the year. Time to take a break, breathe in deeply and relax. Ahhh, much better.
Join 1,051 other followers
- Linda Schaub
- “(There’s No Place Like) Home for the Holidays.”
- The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker ….
- Something’s gone afowl, er … afoul at the Gardens. #Wordless Wednesday #Chickens fly the coop!
- Gourds, guys and gals at the Gardens.
- Walk the talk … then rest! #Wordless Wednesday #1,191/1,256 mi walked to date w/65 mi left; 1,917/2,022 km walked to date w/105 km left
- Linda Schaub
FIFTY FAVORITE PARK PHOTOS