Silent Sentiments #Wordless Wednesday #Chalkyourwalk

Wordless Wednesday – allow your photo(s) to tell the story.

This entry was posted in #Wordless Wednesday, COVID-19, walk, walking and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Silent Sentiments #Wordless Wednesday #Chalkyourwalk

I have seen lots of chalk designs in the driveways in our community. Sometimes parents are parking the cars on the street so kids can decorate the driveways.

2. Linda Schaub says:

I saw one driveway like that last Friday Ruth and I intended to go take pictures on my way home from my walk, then remembered this house, on another block, where a young girl is usually creative with her chalk in the Summer months. In the past, maybe before we followed each other, I showed her handiwork -she used spray chalk and the designs lasted a very long time. Likely it is washed away from last night’s storm – I saw some photos of golf ball-sized hail on Paul Gross’ site on Twitter last night. I stayed up until they gave the all clear. There was hail here too, so I’ll check the house this a.m.

Great messages on the streets. Perfect for wordless wednesday. 🙂

Thanks Sandra – I was excited for this find and glad I walked that way home. I should make a point to do that more often once things are normal again. They were doing construction on my regular route for about 7 or 8 months so I started going a different way home and that’s how I discovered this house. She had a T-Rex too, but I left that out. 🙂

4. Catherine Brabant says:

Love the chalk markings. Rainbows are being down on windows and doors for Rainbows over Michigan. They post pictures on Facebook.

Delightful and profound. Thanks for sharing here.

6. I love the idea behind your blog and documenting your daily walks, especially in these turbulent times. The small details of our daily routines become more important and meaningful. Art has always served to uplift, be it in the form of paintings, drawings, murals, or chalk art on the sidewalk.

Peta

Thank you Peta – my blog has really evolved over the years, since I began writing about my daily treks in 2013. Then it was just one paragraph and sometimes a photo, not always. It has become a labor of love for me. I try to look for interesting things along the way, not always nature, but usually nature at the parks. This young girl has done some very expressive chalk art the last few years. I was so glad I walked this way home last Friday – you are absolutely right, it was very uplifting.

Awww…loved this! We ARE better together (but 6 feet apart).

Thanks Laurie – I was so glad I walked down that street instead of my usual way home … I had an inkling that this young girl might have done some chalk writing as we had just finished two beautiful and warm days. Now is not the time to cozy up to one another, at least out in public anyway.

8. Nancy Ruegg says:

What a great idea to leave positive messages on the sidewalks for passersby. In wonder if Amazon delivers sidewalk chalk?!

Hi Nancy – I just hopped onto Amazon and they do offer/deliver sidewalk chalk. It’s a great pastime for kids and adults too. In fact, I have a friend, who is an avid walker and retired elementary teacher. She takes a piece of chalk on her walks with her and will write a response to a comment when she sees it. I like that. This particular house has a young girl who does the messages and I’ve shown some of her other artwork in the past – sometimes she uses spray-on chalk (I didn’t know there was such a product and it lasts much longer, even after a rainfall). I see the artwork on my walks, and even down at the Park where I walk – it always gives me a smile.

I’ve seen lots of chalk designs lately on my daily walks, and one painted stone with the letters Stay Safe on it left beside the trail entrance to a park.

I like the chalk drawings too Joni. I have featured chalk art before, including from this young chalk artist. I did not see so much of it in 2019 because first we had a rainy Spring, then it got so stinkin’ hot after that – I suspect kids were inside most of the Summer. Also the street for my daily route was under construction for so many months. Someone wrote messages of inspiration, for no special reason, one time on the Park pathway … all what I see, I featured in blog posts. I have not seen any of the painted stones yet in the Park and am surprised about that. I am still in the Downriver Painted Rock Group but don’t get notifications – I will have to look and see what is there.. We had a woman, who was a sister-in-law of someone I know, that is an artist. She could take any size stone and paint miniature images on it. I used to go to that Facebook site just to see what she had painted. That is a good message on the stone. We have another dull and dreary morning, maybe rain and snow flurries in some places as well.

• Joni says:

We had a strange day – hail, then sleet/snow, then sun (I did a short walk) then more flurries. Bouts of high wind, then calm again. It’s shaping up to be just like last year! I’m sorry I haven’t read your gmails yet – I’m behind on Reader again too. I hope you have tomorrow off? and a 3 days weekend?

I think it’s going to be pretty ugly for most of Easter weekend. Not as important this year as other years with people dressing up for church, egg rolls and egg-hiding for kids. Luckily, most people can watch streaming church service for today, Easter and all the others. Nope, I used to take the entire day off for Good Friday and Easter Monday as we get nothing off – years ago, we had two hours, and our firm we got a half-day until the merger – then got nothing, not even Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve. I hope to put in a dent here on Reader, but don’t think I’ll finish it all tonight unfortunately.

10. I knew I’d like this post.

11. Hey Linda!!!! Checked the blog to see if humans were safe here. Hope you’re good!!!! Sending you much love!

12. Such a sweet inspiration!

13. Great reminder and a creative way to convey it!! Stay healthy and well.