Feeding Frenzy. #Wordless Wednesday #Feelin’ Ducky!

Wordless Wednesday – allow your photo(s) to tell the story.

This entry was posted in #WildlifeWednesday, #Wordless Wednesday, nature, walk, walking and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Feeding Frenzy. #Wordless Wednesday #Feelin’ Ducky!

1. Love their orange feet!

2. Ari says:

It has always been one of my biggest pleasures to feed the ducks. We are close to a lovely nature area (unavoid now due to lockdown) that has loads of ducks and swans and I can stay there for hours! These are lovely photos and make me really pine to go duck feeding

It’s been a pleasure of mine too Ari. As a young child, my parents took me to High Park every Sunday to feed the ducks and swans and seeing these two people (assuming they are father and daughter) on this ledge made me think of myself back in the day. In my previous blog post to this one I was writing that a fisherman has been feeding this group of ducks daily and he has not shown up lately, so all the ducks came out of the water to the path to beg for treats from the walkers. I’ve never seen that happen before, so I took some crackers for them. It’s peaceful – something we all need right now. I hope your lockdown is lifted soon and you can return to the pond.

Miss Linda……………………………was this today?………………………….I miss our ducks…………………our pond is frozen over and there are no fowl around ………………………….It’s nice to see other people happy to feed the ducks and geese

No Ann Marie it was New Years Day. I was watching what I think was a father and daughter perhaps – reminded me of me when I was a kid as I used to feed the ducks when my parents took me to High Park in Toronto. They both were enjoying themselves.

Wow! LOTS of ducks. The photos of father and daughter (I guess???) feeding the ducks are so cute. What a good pastime. My grandsons love to feed the ducks at our local park.

I am thinking it’s a father and daughter too Laurie. I called to them and said they beat me to the ledge and seeing them brought back memories for me as I did this when I was a youngster too. There were ducks everywhere!

5. Wow I can’t believe how close they came to the ducks!

6. Prior... says:

Oh the series of photos moves like a quiet silent slideshow
    The girls hat and boots are a treat and the one with the man facing you and different angles was cleverly put together for the flow

7. That’s a great rock for feeding the ducks! Nice bonding moment for the father and daughter.

Yes it is …. there have been many people feeding the ducks lately, maybe the last six months or so and I think it is related to the pandemic and getting out in nature. I see more people taking their kids to the Park and not just to use the playscapes, but to look at the animals (not a lot of wildlife here, but ducks, geese, occasionally swans, lots of birds, squirrels, groundhogs and last, but not least, squirrels.

8. Pam Lazos says:

The land equivalent of this, Linda, is feeding the pigeons at Rittenhouse Square Park in Philadelphia. After a minute, there are pigeons flying in from all over the city!

Pam, the pigeons are as bad as the seagulls – they see food and have to have it right away. We have a local park where people often grill on the BBQs around the park and the seagulls will swoop down and swipe buns off the grill. I have a post I’ll be doing in a few weeks about that same park. A man and his kids were in the parking lot and brought a bag of cut-up bread. There was one seagull on the boardwalk – suddenly the sky was filled with them, in a scene reminiscent of the movie “The Birds” … the noise! Just amazing!

9. I love that the father and daughter feeding the ducks together. Great for the ducks and a good lesson for the child in caring and generosity. I also love the red hood and orange duck feet!