#Wordless Wednesday – allow your photo(s) to tell the story.

This entry was posted in #Wordless Wednesday, Winter and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to Ol’ Man Winter is testing my mettle and meddling with my miles!  #Wordless Wednesday #Grrr!

1. That photo says a lot!

Nice photo that shows a snarl like you mean it.

Glad you liked it Ally. It’s from my neighbor’s backyard and there are two other characters nearby, similar, but a little smaller. I figure the snarl comes from having all that snow on top of its “head”. 🙂

It IS tough to run or walk during this nasty cold spell. I am looking forward to getting some warmer miles in when I visit my sister in Florida next week!

Yes, it is Laurie and I did this post last Saturday, which was a bitter cold day, still icy and freezing rain was that evening. Yesterday it was 12 degrees when I went out and today, just 24 hours later, it was in the 35s with no wind. The weather makes no sense these days. We have bitter cold weather again on Friday and into the weekend, but no big snows, so I’m happy to get a chance to recoup those miles lost. I was wondering if you were still going – you mentioned awhile ago, it was Florida for January. You’ll get a lot of miles in now!

• Laurie says:

I think you sort of get weather 1 day ahead of when I do. It was 9 degrees when I ran the trail race last Saturday. It warmed up this week and today is in the high 40s, but it’s supposed to get very cold again this Saturday. Of course, I have another trail race that day. We leave for Florida on Sunday.

That’s very cold for running Laurie. Well, we got to 37 this morning, but there were loads of accidents as it rained early a.m. and there was black ice. So, it was a walk the garage to run the car and better luck tomorrow. Good luck on Saturday’s trail race and have a safe trip to Florida.

4. That’s the expression when it was told how much longer this pandemic will be going on!

5. bekitschig says:

What a cool photo!!!

Glad you liked it Jeanine – that tree stump guy (and a few other smaller ones) have been in my neighbor’s yard for at least 25 years. When I was taking those snow photos in my own backyard last week, I saw him with the snow on it and thought “Ill bet that’s what Ol’ Man Winter looks like!”

6. Dave says:

That stump looks like the gatekeeper to an enchanted forest!

He’s got quite a personality going doesn’t he Dave? He and a few of his friends have been in my neighbor’s backyard at least 25 years. When I was taking snow pics last week, I decided he looked even more interesting with snow on his head.

7. what???? so cool and shocking. I can imagine so many silly photos to take with it. lol

8. Old Man Winter personified! What a great snow photo of a cool sculpture!

9. That’s me all winter!

When I complain about the heat and humidity in Summer, I always tell myself there will be a day in January or February that I will want to kick myself for whining about a hot August day!

10. Annika Perry says:

A fun photo, Linda! 😀 Definitely not happy and more likely than not bemoaning his lot!

Glad you liked it Annika. We had some snow last Sunday and I went out in my backyard to take some photos of it. My next-door neighbor has had this figure, as well as two more similar figures, in their yard for well over 20 years. I decided it was perfect to be the persona of Ol’ Man Winter.

Miss Linda…………………………….THAT’s how I look when I go outside in the winter!!

That’s me too Ann Marie, especially if I’m grumbling about missing a walk on a non-Polar-feeling morning. I didn’t get out this morning Ann Marie – black ice on the sidewalk and driveway when I went out to run the car, so didn’t attempt a walk. They said there were some car crashes earlier from black ice.

12. Haha perfect picture Linda, it says it all!

13. J P says:

If you asked him how long before winter is over, I think he would be stumped. 🙂

14. That’s a funny photo! How many days until Spring? 🤔😜👀🦥