Wordless Wednesday – allow your photo(s) to tell the story.

This entry was posted in #Wordless Wednesday, goal, nature, walk, walking and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to I’d best get hoppin’, er … walking. #Wordless Wednesday #Just three more months: 990/1,255 miles (1,593/2,020 km). #Wildlife Wednesday.

That’s a cute little guy, who doesn’t look too wild to me.

Miss Linda…………………………What’s so wild about him?????

3. What a cool picture he almost looks prehistoric. I hope the weather holds out so you reach your goal!

Thanks Diane – he was stretched out in the sun at the Botanical Gardens on the metal structure. I think he was sleeping as I got right up close to him to take the picture. I started off October right by doing 5 miles as it was sunny this morning. A rep from “The Old Farmer’s Almanac” was on the radio the first day of Fall. She says we will have a nice/sunny/fairly mild October but it will rain the week leading up to Halloween. Hope not and hope no early snow either!

4. He’s got strong arms and legs! Nice close up.

Poor old grasshopper. I hope he finds some friendly ants to spend the winter with! Less than 100 miles/month. You should get some good walking weather in the next 2 months.

I remember that tale Laurie – boy I just did a quick flashback. He was very quiet, perched on one of the metal connector rods in the Botanical Gardens Conservatory area. I think he was asleep in the sun – didn’t move a bit. We used to capture them as kids and hold them in our cupped hands to feel them jumping around. I am now at 1,000 miles as of today and I think it is doable too. They say we’ll have good weather for most of October, until near Halloween then lots of rain, but they also are calling for a lot of precip due to the La Nina Winter. Ugh. I am trying to walk as much as I can to meet my goal sooner, rather than later.

6. J P says:

Aren’t they supposed to be green?

Well I thought so too JP – maybe it is a cricket? I follow a photographer in the UK and he posted cricket pictures recently and they were brown, not black like ours. (Not that I’ve seen one, just heard them, but I’ve seen photos of them.) This one didn’t move a muscle, so I’m not sure if it was terrified of the human looming over it. [I’m quite behind here and trying valiantly to catch up.]