Agree to disagree? #Wordless Wednesday #Seagull squabbles #Seagull shenanigans

# Wordless Wednesday – allow your photo(s) to tell the story.

This entry was posted in #WildlifeWednesday, #Wordless Wednesday, nature, walk, walking and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

57 Responses to Agree to disagree? #Wordless Wednesday #Seagull squabbles #Seagull shenanigans

So funny, they don’t seem to agree 🙂

They are funny like that – the facial expressions and looks of disgust. I have one more set of seagull photos to use for Wordless Wednesday. One seagull appears to be laughing while the other just looks at him rather disgusted. 🙂

2. Great pictures, Linda! It looks like the ring-billed gull on the left is issuing a territorial “long-call.” It can also mean, “I’m not moving.” I guess he’s holding his ground. 🙂 The one on the right looks like he’s wondering what all the fuss is about…

Glad you liked them Barbara – they made such a fuss while I was watching them and I agree with you that the one on the right looks at his counterpart as if to say “what’s your problem buddy?” He looks disgusted at the other one’s antics. I have one more set of “Seagull Shenanigans” photos to share then that’s it for awhile.

Great shots Linda….they are such comical characters!

I think his personal space is being invaded and his face shows it. Nice shots!

5. J P says:

They do look kind of disgusted with each other. 🙂

Miss Linda……………………………………..sounds like they’ve been together for TOO long!!!!

I like the photos. The expressions on the birds’s faces are funny.

Why do seagulls always look like they have a disgusted look on their faces? I wonder if these 2 seagulls are siblings. The older one is frustrated with the younger one.

Ha ha – I have one more set of shots where it is the same expressions … not these seagulls, but maybe another sibling combo. In those photos, the one seagull has its beak open, head tipped back like it is laughing hysterically. The other seagull looks disgusted and walks away.

9. Looks like someone is getting the cold shoulder! Lol

10. The Ringed Bill Gull is a very rare visitor in the UK from the USA, nice to see lots of pictures you have posted of them in this and other posts you have made Linda.

• PS. Linda, I got to the sea on Wednesday so finally got to see and post some Seagulls, a 1st this year !

That is great Andy – I know you miss going there and also to Titchfield Haven. I hope they get this virus under control sooner rather than later but given the slow rollout, I am not hopeful so far. Soon you’ll be planting your garden to take advantage of it for some photo opportunities.

• 👍 starting to think maybe next year things will be more normal – slow reduction in high infections levels in uk. Did think the same last year!

That’s promising – they say less deaths here in Michigan and were happy our death total from COVID for our state was only 14,900. I am happy to remain masked up, even at the Park, even after my shot(s).

That is our most-prominent gull here in MIchigan Andy. They are everywhere, not just at the water. If there is a fast food place where people eat in their car, the seagulls will hang out and beg for tidbits – they are relentless. I have had a few instances of seeing seagulls where there are a pair and one is “acting up” and the other looks at it in disgust. I have one more set of these photos – the looks on their faces is priceless. Glad you are enjoying the photos … I am very behind here at WordPress and can’t seem to catch up.

11. clarejk2014 says:

I wonder what they were arguing about?! Great pictures that tell a story. ☺️

I know – they seem to fly off the handle easily Clare. Glad you liked the photos and I have another set that look similar, but the seagull appears to be throwing his head back and having a good laugh while the other one looks disgruntled at his antics. 🙂

12. The bird on the right could care less what the other one is doing. Kind of like saying, “there he goes again! hmmpppphhhh.
    Great photos!

Ha ha – yes exactly. He thought “there’s that fool – I don’t want to be associated with him.” I have one more set of seagull shots to share in the next few weeks. It looks like you changed your profile picture. I didn’t notice when I was looking at the post with the ripples – just going by what I see here in the Comments area.

• I was going to say “fool” but you said it instead. hahahaha
        Sometimes I get in the mood to change my blog settings or theme, but the process is time consuming. I experiment for hours and then come right back to what I was using. Do you use a free theme or an upgraded one? I’m wondering if its worth the cost…some nice ones are like $60 on WP.

Ha ha – I just use the theme that came with my subscription and picked that in 2013. I am sure they will change the theme though because it has been around since 2010. I am still on Windows 7 as we’ve not changed over at work yet.

• I use the free theme too. Due to restlessness, I tried and customized possible premium sites thinking I may find some cool new looks. It’s a whole lot of work to get familiar with the theme and set it all up. Not now; I’m sticking with my current theme.
        Whatever works, works. 🙂
        Hope you are having a good Tuesday and staying well!

I just renewed my blog a week or so ago and my theme did come with it and I’ve got to sit down when I have more time to enhance it a little, but want to wait until I am using Windows 10 to see if the display looks different than it looks here on the Windows 7 laptop. I will bet if I changed it, there would be no going back to what I have now as it is a design from 2010 (2010 Theme I think it is called), so I have not looked around at all. I think there may be no going back … so, lie you, I keep what I have until I have lots of time and patience. I ended up going to bed a little earlier and not responding to all the comments as I had shoveled all that snow yesterday … now getting more. Where did I used to have the boundless energy back in the day? I

• Shoveling snow is hard work!! I’ve never done it, but I can imagine how labor intensive it can be. Careful with your back. My energy level is nothing like it was in the past; maybe that explains my coffee guzzling.
        I’m ok with my blog outline as it is; but I could make it better if I had more time. Wouldn’t it be nice to hire someone to make it super cool?!!

Luckily I am 5′ 9″ tall so it makes it easier for the big snowfalls, but now it is getting really old with all this snow and the cold – the Polar Vortex has finally left thankfully (for now anyway). That might be a nice treat to have it professionally done. Unless it was difficult to figure out how to post then.

• The weather pattern has been nuts last year and this one. Texas is having an awful storm and I can’t imagine how tough it is for people to be without heat, especially for children and elderly.
        Hoping spring weather comes soon for Michigan. Seriously, a little bit of snow is good, but Polar Vortex is pushing the limits.

It is taking forever to get Texas with all their power restored … feel sorry for them as they don’t usually cope with the cold. Now some have power, but also may not have water lines working. I agree with you on the Polar Vortex … we had one day in the 20s (today) and we drop to single digits again tonight – will be washing a quick load of clothes shortly to keep the pipes warm and have had a trickle of water running for two weeks with the exception of one day!

• Did you read about some Texas residents who got charged thousands of dollars for electricity? Oh man, that’s terrible. I can’t imagine how cold it was with people dying from the cold. Nature is beautiful but so awesomely powerful and scary.
        You know how to navigate the cold weather well and how to prolong the life of the pipes! Takes experience to know these ins and outs.

I have heard some real horror stories from Texas. A woman who said the power came on and caused more water problems. And I think they said eight deaths to date, all people who froze to death. I’ll bet they had no heavy coats or Winter protection, but why would they think to have such items? My local radio station interviewed a man from Michigan who moved there and kept all his cold-weather coats/boots, but that was because he had family here in Michigan and might return at a holiday or other event in cold weather. He said he just piled on the warm outerwear and was fine. I do have the pipe wrapping insulation, and some protection for me, but I do worry about the pipes … the mess you get when pipes freeze. Scary … as you say nature is beautiful but so powerful and scary.

• I never thought about that. If you live in a warm place, heavy and warm clothes would not necessarily be in your closet. What a scare for Texans and the young boy who froze to death. Very sad and tragic.

Yes, it’s be scary for sure. I’ll bet some of those people will want generators now and if not generators, they will stock up on extra blankets, cold-weather gear, maybe sleeping bags in case there is a next time.

• Wild weather patterns. We got hail yesterday for about half an hour. It’s a rare happening and kids were so excited to see it for the first time. Ellis was in the middle of her Zoom class so she didn’t get to stand under an umbrella, but Chris brought a small hail piece to show her.

Hail is so incredible and dangerous too. I was driving to my allergist’s office many years ago. The sun was shining, there was no chance of a rainstorm, let alone hail when I left the house. The doctor’s office is two miles away and enroute, the sky suddenly got very black and the hail came tumbling down. There was nowhere to pull in under a canopy to avoid it. I got to the allergist’s office and it was sunny. The car had tiny dents on the hood, trunk and top of the car which, when the sun shone the right way, were very evident. I was really upset as I’d have never gone out had I known – it was just routine allergy shots and in those days no appointment was necessary.

• Bummer your car was damaged from the hail. I didn’t know hail could come suddenly like that. I feel your pain; I would’ve regretted my timing and think back to what I could’ve done to avoid it. Maybe the weather forecasters didn’t know either since it was so sudden. Still it doesn’t take away your frustration.

Yes, I hated that happening and I try not to be out in even rain now (partly because my car is on a trickle charger, so putting it into the garage which is tiny and all my electrical garden equipment too, so if I am in the rain, I have to wipe everything down before putting it into the garage … it is a bit of an ordeal. And the garage is attached, but you can’t access it from the inside.

13. Pingback: Happy Birthday, Charles Dickens! (Little Dorrit “Challenge”) – priorhouse blog

14. Haha! So much expression in their little faces. The one on the right looks like he is trying to have an argument with the one on the left… but the one on the left doesn’t care.

15. Pam Lazos says:

haha! even birds are tired of the pandemic, Linda!

16. Athira says:

They looks soo beautiful

I’m glad you liked them Athira and I will have two more seagulls this Wednesday. I had a lot of interesting-looking seagull photos so decided to use them for Wordless Wednesday. Thank you also for following my blog.

17. Athira says:

It’s my pleasure to visit your blog and awaiting for the pictures…👍🏻